||CARGO [cu ft]: 76,251
||PASS [troop ship]: 2,324
|PROP: Turbine 2
||SPEED [knots]: 17
Transferred to the Army on 13 June, 1941 and renamed the James Parker in honor of Brigadier General
James Parker, the Panama was fitted with guns fore and aft and given a dull coat of gray paint.
She would ferry troops throughout the war and was returned to the Panama Railroad Company in
May 1946. The ship continues to carry passengers today.
Click on a picture to see a larger image!